SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#147149 - 10/09/02 06:05 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hi guys.

I can take or leave internal speakers. Here's why, I just played a 50th wedding anniversary that was held in the couples home. I still brought my PA and one Traynor cabinet that contained a 15 and a horn. Yes the X1 internal speakers aren't bad but I would never use them for a performance even in a small room. Same with the PSR2000 that I tried. The sound quality isn't there. It is easy to reproduce good bass at high sound levels, hard at soft volumes. You need a big speaker and a few watts to get good bass at low volume levels.

I also don't use the internal speakers as monitors because they sound so much different that the mix comming out of the PA.
For me an extra 5 or ten minutes setting up is worth the improved sound.

Donny and U.D. I wish I could be there to have breakfast with you guys. Maybe I'll have to make my trip to NY an annual event.

Tom

I could use the internal speakers for monitors but I would never use them as my sole amplification, no bottom end.

Tom

#147150 - 10/09/02 06:11 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Scott,
I think the guy is Michel Voncken, a 'Dutchie' who is sales-director in Germany and I was told he was directly involved in the creation of 'european' styles.
His spoken German has a slight dutch accent.

Unfortunately the audio quality is very poor.
I hope one of the (dutch) dealers is able to record more demo's in better Q.

Roel

I wonder if its "ok" to make recordings of these demos. I'm attending one next week, I could take my digital recorder along and put something down.

S.

#147151 - 10/09/02 07:34 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
jphardy Offline

Thanks for the "Live" demos. Very impressive. IMHO, they sound much better through headphones with a "binaural" ambiance. BTW, I could only download the first three files from friedhelgoetz.com - hopefully the site is only temporarily down.

RE: Built-in speakers. Certainly a matter of personal preference, but my vote is for external monitors. I use a pair of Mackie HR824s which I dearly love and which can deliver loud yet very accurate sound. I played the factory MP3s through the Mackies last night and was amazed by how great the Tyros sounds!

#147152 - 10/09/02 10:34 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's simply not true that good bass is difficult to get with small speakers. I have a Gallean Krueger bass amp that measures a little more than 1 square foot and is only 6 or 7 inches deep. It puts out 150Watts(with an added 8 ohm speaker, 90 by itself)and sounds as ballsy as all get out. Many times, if the kb speakers are just too "light" I add this amp (on the floor) to punch up the bottom without adding any more "progection" to the room. In many smaller venues, the speakers from the kb, added to my acoustic voice are MORE than enough for a background situation, and any more would be inapropriate. Adding the bass amp really rounds ount the sound and makes the total package sound as if it were comming from much lerger speakers. It's all relative to the room and the sonic requirements.

Well over 100 times year, I use the internal speakers as the "main" sound source, and I have no complaints so far. It's not always a concert, and it's almost never "too quiet". I make the adjustments accordingly. I always have more amps in the car if I need them.

As good as the demos for the Tyros sound, I still am not excited about a "mute" keyboard. It's simply too impractical for my needs. I relay on that sound to fill up the space where "I" play. Sometimes I need to progect it to another area, but I almost ALWAYS need to fill up at least "MY" space, right?

Don't take that "PRO=Speakerless" mentality. A smart performer will utilize whatever tool they can to make the job go smoothly. If saving setup time is important, and bulky speaker stands are unwelcome in a refined situation - than you just gotta go with the internal option. I do so many house parties that even the EV's look to "concert" ready to be apropriate. Sometimes, LESS is definatly more. Keep an open mind about the sound system issues. There's a LOT of money to be made in the entertainment industry that will NEVER require a concert setup. If I can't carry everything in with ONE trip .... it's a VERY rare occasion.

#147153 - 10/09/02 01:09 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
What happened to the first 'three' MP3 links of Michel Voncken's Tyros demo? I was able to link to and listen to them yesterday, but today the link appears dead. Did anyone here possibly download/save these? If so, can you post them or send them via email? All the other links appear to work fine. Thanks. - Scott
http://www.intact-music.de/bilder/8TY_BLUES.mp3
http://www.intact-music.de/bilder/9TY_SHADMAND.mp3

http://www.intact-music.de/bilder/10TY_SAXGEIG.mp3

#147154 - 10/09/02 01:40 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
kari1 Offline

They removed all of them. The reason was that they (Yamaha ?) were afraid that people would loose interest to attend the promotional shows/events that are being arranged in Germany in various Music
shops by the same persons.

However, apparently Simon was fast enough to get all these and he is putting them on his "Tyrosworld forum". See
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tyrosworld/message/317

I wrote some notes about these on the original posting on Bob Gelman's Yamaha-styles forum. You might take a look at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/message/16252

Cheers
Kari

#147155 - 10/09/02 04:05 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Very nice indeed !!! Wow !!!

Musikman4Christ........

#147156 - 10/09/02 05:14 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
trtjazz Offline

My opinion about the entire speaker issue is this..... I never did nor would play ANY gig just utilizing the on board speakers only period. If it entailed another trip to the van....so what, that's what you're getting paid for, to put together a professional sounding show and "utilizing whatever tools" are necessary to do so.

Pro does not = speakerless and was not my point. The point was that the overwhelming vast majority of gigging musicians do not let boards without speakers stop them from buying a board that inspires them.
jam on,
Terry

#147157 - 10/09/02 09:52 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
the overwhelming vast majority of gigging musicians do not let boards without speakers stop them from buying a board that inspires them.

It's time to educate the overwhelming vast majority of musicians that are lugging too much gear around needlessly.

#147158 - 10/10/02 01:40 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
It's appearing that the Tyros sub woofer & speakers may not be as difficult or time consuming to attach/dettach as I originally thought.

I've uploaded a couple of pictures illustrating how the satellite speakers clip on and are attached to the Tyros. See under photos section at the TyrosWorld yahoo group.

Regards
Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online